Prizes worth 75K to be won+ 1 project funded by WATConsult
ATMOS, with the aim of building a unique community of makers, builders, doers and tech lovers from across the country is organizing the ATMOS Tech Expofor the first time. The purpose of the expo is to bring together this unique community and give them the best experience of getting to know each other and the overall community of designers, engineers, scientists and change makers. To take it a step further, the student and budding startups will also have the incentive of participating in the competitions and win cash prizes.
To allow smooth organization and categorization of the teams, the showcase will be divided into two parts.
This showcase is for established and blooming startups, companies, corporate partners, innovation labs, teams and individuals to showcase their products, devices and innovations on a common platform. The teams will be given a space to showcase their devices and would be given a chance to talk, interact and show their work to the participants, Nobel Laureates, tech personalities, professors, Venture Capitalists, Corporate Representatives and possible investors.
ATMOS believes in making sure that people and technology from different fields come together on a common platform and engage in sharing their technical experiences for the betterment of technological atmosphere. The Innovation Showcase is a step towards making this philosophy true. Teams from different fields like medicine, space tech, imaging etc would come together and put a show that gives us a glimpse of what the future has in hand for us.
The showcase provides labs and blooming startups to attract change-bringing student talent present in the expo and make them part of the work they are doing. Added to that they also get the chance to impress the various guests coming as part of ATMOS.
The competition is primarily intended towards the student community and smaller innovation and hardware startups not older than 3 years.
It provides for a platform for the participants to showcase the projects undertaken by them in front of a diaspora of people which includes Professors from various fields, notable personage including Nobel Laureates and Students from the nation.
This gives the students an opportunity to connect with students and startups doing similar work and create future opportunities and projects for themselves while competing for the grand prizes.
- The competition is open to all. There is no barrier to participation. Participants may register as individuals or as a company.
- Students can register as individuals or as a team up to 6 members.
- A participant is allowed to register for more than one entry.
- .Registered candidates will be required to email the abstracts of their projects on or before 10th October, 2016, 11:59PM. It is mandatory to link to a video of length not more than 120 seconds. The video will be accepted even if the project is not yet complete. ( This mail has to be sent to email@example.com)
- The participants must note that we will be considering the possibility of completion of your product/idea which will serve as a very important parameter for your selection.
- Specific domain of project in not more than 25 characters.
- Title of the project.
- Abstract (max. 100 words)
50 teams will be short listed from all the online entries received in phase -1.
All the teams which qualify Phase I of TechExpo will have to exhibit their project at Atmos 2016 which will be held at BITS Hyderabad from 14st of October to 16th of October. The final winners will be awarded after the judging of Phase II.
1. WATConsult Innovation Award: One project from the expo will be given funding by WATConsult for showing exceptional future prospects and the funding will depend on the requirements of the team.
2. The ATMOS Innovation Awards: These awards would be for student teams and budding startups not older than 3 years old. The total prize amount would be Rs. 75,000 and would be given on the basis of the decision of judges.
The judging will be based on the pitch given by the teams about their product on the third day (16th October).
A panel of judges will be evaluating the entries. The panel will include professors from BITS Hyderabad, guest dignitaries of Atmos’16 including Nobel Laureates, venture capitalists, angel investors and leading business tycoons, having expertise in their respective fields. Higher weightage will be given to participants who have a demonstrable working prototype.
Participants will have to present their project/product to the panel of judges in the given time.The criteria would be innovativeness, originality, prototyping stage, team
Origins 14th October – Teams are supposed to make sure that all their posters, prints, project related tech is ready and setup. The Expo will be inaugurated in the evening and the display will be there only for some time.
First Class 15th October – would open for everyone including general public and the teams would be required to showcase their product for the entire day.
The Last Stand 16th October – The Teams will have to make presentation in front of judges. The winners would be announced after their pitch
Days of the Future Past 16th October – The Winners would be announced in the evening and the awards ceremony will take place.
In case of any conflict, the decision of ATMOS Team would be final and binding.
All queries and complaints relating to the expo have to be conveyed to the organizers.
All entries have to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any more details, go to: http://www.bits-atmos.org
Ayush Yadav : 9542981014